From Salt Lake I flew directly to Reno on a tiny regional jet.
My interview was at the GE site in Minden Nevada. I stayed in the Best-Western there. I didn't get much sleep, but the bed was big and comfy. It's just not the same without Erin.
In the morning I went to the GE facility in Minden for my interview.
The interview took about 4 hours. A panel of 3 computer scientists tested my knowledge of data-structures, databases, optimization, and anything else that came up along the way. I answered almost every question correctly, but did get hung up on a single question about deadlock. I made the most of the whiteboard, and even used the projector once to show off a project I had queued up on my laptop. Before the interview was even over, I was informed that I would be getting a callback about it. So, I guess I did well. After the interview was done, They took me out to lunch and gave me a map of the region so I could check out Lake Tahoe on my way back to the airport. Turns out that Minden is just minutes from the lake and some really fantastic scenery.
Less than a week later, I got a call from GE's corporate HR department for my third interview. They asked me a few general behavioral questions, and a few specifics they would need to know if they offer me a job. I was told to expect a decision sometime early this week... Keep your fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed and prayers being sent.
ReplyDelete