Jan 15, 2013

Life with Two Kids

Greg went back to work yesterday leaving me at home by myself with two kids. It wasn't too bad either. We mostly just sat around. Timmy watching TV and me stuck to the couch nursing a baby. I even managed to get a nap in while Timmy took a nap. Of course I sacrificed the shower to get the nap in. 

Well, today was a completely different story. Much more eventful. It didn't start out too different. We we're watching PBS, when Timmy wandered into the kitchen. Well, I had out a tupperware of cheese dip on the counter that I was snacking on. Timmy decided he needed to bring it to me. The lid wasn't snapped on so he spilled cheese all over the kitchen floor, the carpet and me. I wasn't too happy after that so I yelled at Timmy, which only upset Timmy. This is when things turned from bad to worse. I felt bad for yelling at Timmy, so I stopped the clean up to give Timmy a hug and talk to him about what he had done and he puked. Yes, he was so upset that he puked all over himself and me and the carpet. I quickly took him to the bathtub. While he played in the tub I started a load of laundry and wiped up as much cheese sauce and puke as I could with some paper towel. All the while Lillian is screaming her head off. I got Timmy out of the bath and put him down for a nap. Then I fed Lilly a little bit and then I hopped in the shower. Lilly was still screaming the whole time. I got out of the shower and changed Lilly's diaper and calmed her down. Then I went into the living room and picked all the toys up off of the floor. Then I fed Lillian again. I put her in another room so I could vacuum and clean the carpet. I managed to take a shower, pick up the living room, vacuum and clean the carpets while Timmy was down for a nap. I guess nothing will get you motivated to clean quite like puke can.

Life with two kids. Look's like I'll have plenty of adventures in my future.





No comments:

Post a Comment