So I just realized that I never shared Lillian's Birth Story. First off, here is Timothy's birth story, if you want to see the difference. Not that it was all that incredible different since both births were easy going and trouble free.
Lillian was due Dec 25. The 25 went by and the 26th went by, which was discouraging since Timothy was only one day late. Well, I went to bed and woke up around 3 am on the 27th with contractions. Having gotten to the hospital a little too fast with Timothy, I lied and bed and watch the clock for a half an hour of so and then woke up Greg and we headed to the hospital. I got all checked into triage and I was at 6cm. I was definitely far enough along with labor to be admitted. I didn't get an epideral; since I had Timothy without an epideral I knew I could do it again. I hung out in the shower for a little while to manage pain. Eventually I asked for a little bit of IV drugs, only because I kept tensing up my back with every contraction and I want something to help me relax. Eventually the on call doctor came in to check up on me, but he was only on call for another hour, before a different doctor came on. When she came in around 8am I was around 8 cm. She told me that she had a scheduled c-section with another patient. She let me know that when she came back I would need to decide if I wanted her to break my water, if it didn't break on it's own. It didn't. When the doctor came back I was at about 9cm so we decided to break my water. Because I pushed Timothy out so fast the were afraid that I would be ready to push and delivery as soon as they broke my water. The got the room all set up for delivery before they broke my water. All breaking my water did was make the contractions worse. (On a side note: I was having full blown conversations with the doctor at this point. She was very impressed because I was at 9cm and didn't have an epideral. That's not normal. Most people don't have it that together at 9cm with no pain killers) The doctor decided to hang out in the hall way. She didn't want to go to far just in case I needed to push. (Remember the doctor was only a few minutes away when they called her to deliver Timothy and didn't make it in time) I kept getting a small desire to push so we would call in the nurse. She would check me and tell my I wasn't ready. After a few times of that she would have me do a small push while she checked me to see what happened. About the fourth or fifth time we did that Lillian dropped. The nurse screamed for the doctor. The doctor came in and Lillian came out with basically one big push. It was only a couple more minutes before I delivered the placenta. Everything seriously went faster this time around. I needed stitched up too, since I tore where I tore the first time around.
Lillian was born on Dec 27, and 9:24 am. Only about 7 hours of labor. That was significantly faster than the 16 hours of labor with Timothy. She weight 7lb 10oz and was 18 1/2 inches long. She was perfectly healthy, no problems transitioning like her brother and she took to nursing like a champ.
Timothy came with Grammy and Pappy to visit his little sister. He was more interested in seeing me at the hospital than his little sister. Greg, baby and I stay at the hospital for the night and went home the next day.
There you have it. Lilly's birth story. Nothing too exciting happened. I do have to say that labor was a little more painful and intense this time around, but it went so much faster so I imagine each contraction was more productive this time around. It only makes sense that they would more painful and uncomfortable. After I had Timothy they offered me Vicadin and I declined because the only experience I've had with vicodin is that it makes me throw up. So they gave me Ibuprofen and was fine. This time around I just opted for the ibuprofen too. Aparently I was in a lot more pain that I realized, because when the nurse came around to help me get out of bed the first time and use the restroom. I started shivering, a lot. She figured it was one of my bodies ways of dealing with pain so she went and got me some super tylenol or something like that to take in addition to the ibuprofen. After that I was just fine with only ibuprofen.
| 1st bath |
| Ready to go home |
No comments:
Post a Comment