Dec 10, 2009

Poster Conference/Demo Day

The end of the semester is known to be busy. This semester I was in two 400 level Sociology cap-stone classes. This meant that I did two big group projects; we did a bunch of statistical analysis and wrote 20-30 page research papers. Part of these papers was to make posters that present our findings and show them off at the Sociology Poster Conference.
My 422 poster: "From Home to School: Does Family Interaction Help Students Test Scores In Kindergarten?"

My 420 Poster:  "Child See Child Do: The Effects of Witnessing Violence on Adolescent Delinquency"
 
 Me with my posters.

 Chaos: there were a lot of people crowded in one little room with a few dozen posters.

 This was about 2 minutes after the conference ended. It didn't take very long for everyone to clear out of there.


Meanwhile, on the other side of campus Greg was at the Demo Day for the Computer Science cap-stone projects. They had to show off a little video and power point that explain the Search and Rescue software that they have been developing. The project he and Daniel worked on was judged against 4 other cap-stone projects. They came in Second place and each got a cash prize of $175.
Greg with his Runner Up cash voucher 

Greg also won a raffle and got a computer science T-shirt. It was a size small so I guess it's mine and I can go around showing off the fact that I'm married to a nerd.

Because the poster conference and the Demo Day were at the same time, we couldn't go check out each other projects, but I was able to make it to the end of Demo Day, just in time to eat the pizza.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know you had a blog! If you send me your email address on facebook or something I'll invite you to read mine too. You guys are cute! :)

    ReplyDelete