So I'm going to a baby shower next week for a lady at church and I was trying to decide what I could give as a gift for a girl. She didn't really want a shower and she doesn't really need any clothes since she already has one girl. I could get diapers because thats what the invitation suggested, but considering there are an insanley large number of people invited to the shower (like 70 and I'm not exagerating) I thought she might get a lot of dipaers and although diapers are much needed and would get used I wanted to give something a little more thoughtful. After pondering for a while I decided to crochet a little hat with some matching Mary Jane style booties using the left over yarn from that rainbow baby blanket I made a few months back. All I needed to get was buttons. I found some super cute purple flower buttons in a pack of 17 for 3.50. I'm so proud of how cute hat and booties turned out that I wish I had a little girl I could make some for. After all, I have plenty of buttons.
Well, I don't have a little girl and I liked the buttons too much to let the extras go into storage with out some more use that I decided to at least make myself a pair of new slippers. I have to say counting stitches on the baby booties was much easier since they were so much smaller, but I'm pleased with how my slippers turned out too. And I still have plenty of buttons to store away if ever do have a little girl.... Well I've found plenty of cute little things (hats, jackets...) to make for my baby boy and I am still working on his Noah's ark blanket. Now that I'm done with these little projects I can get back to that. Hopefully I finish before my little boy comes! (Don't worry I'm getting close to finishing the blanket)
Oh my gosh, these are so cute! You are amazing Erin!
ReplyDeleteThose are way cute!!!
ReplyDelete