I do have to say the Sacramento Zoo was a little under whelming. When we got online to check out ticket prices the website mentioned that the zoo has over 140 different species. For comparisons sake we decided we get onto the Denver Zoo website which says the the zoo is home to more that 4,000 different species. So, the Sacramento Zoo is small, didn't even have elephants or sea lions. But, it was a nice zoo, very clean and well kept and not very crowded.
We started the day in the reptile house. We we got out we walked by the amphitheater, which had a bird show just getting ready to start so we decided to watch it.
We just walked around the zoo for a while, took some pictures and ate some ice cream. One thing that was cool about this zoo was that a lot of the animals weren't behind cage or glass. The of course did have big ditches and walls to keep the animals in their habitats.The Red Pandas were just hanging out in a sensory garden. You could even go up on a viewing deck and pay to feed the giraffes, although we didn't do that.
Because I checked in at the Zoo on Facebook I got free ticket to ride the carousel. So me and Timmy took a ride.
We also stopped at the gift shop and got Timothy a little hat and a stuffed hyena.
When we drove up to the Zoo we discovered it was next to Fairy Tale Town, kind of like a very large fairy tale themed playground/park. Maybe we'll try that out next summer when Timothy can appreciate it more. I'll be honest he really didn't know what was going on at the Zoo, but Greg and I had fun anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment