Feb 11, 2010

Good Eat's

Life has been a little boring lately, so I haven't had anything exciting to blog about, except the new couch, which I am thoroughly enjoying.  Well, I found something to blog about. It's still not horribly exciting, but it's something.

So I like to cook and have been busy cooking this week.   On Sunday, we had a little Super bowl party. We made a big batch of white bread dough and rolled out a little bit of it and made some home made pizza.  There was a lot of left over dough so we fried some of it up and made scones.

I'm always looking for new recipes.  I've found some great websites.  Yesterday, on one particular website,  Our Best Bites I found a recipe for fortune cookies.  I just had to try to make them, because Greg loves fortune cookies.  There's no picture of the results, because we ate the whole batch in one sitting, and they were rather hidious. The lady that posted the recipe did say that it takes a few tries to get them right, so maybe they'll look better next. They still tasted good though.

Today, I tried a recipe I found on Kraft Foods, one of my favorite websites. The recipe was for bacon and baked potato soup. It was delicious and tasted a lot better than the cheesy broccoli soup I found on the website a couple week ago. Next recipe to try is the mini chocolate cheesecakes.

Like I said, I'm always looking for new recipes, so if you know of any good cooking websites or have any great recipes you are willing to share send them my way.

As they say in czech: Dobrou chut' (or in french: bon appetit!)

2 comments:

  1. I have fallen in love with this recipe blog. There are so many yummy things. One of my favorites is the Sesame Chicken. Happy Cooking.

    http://www.rookie-cookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soup looks delicious! I may have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete