Since Valentine's day was on Sunday we went out for dinner on Saturday. Most people in Provo had the same idea. We got to Olive garden at 3:30 and the wait time was already 40 minutes long. We ate entirely too much food, but it was so good. Afterward, we exchanged gifts. Greg took me to Smith's and I picked out some flowers. Yes, they are potted flower, so they don't die by next week. (Side note: We stopped in a flower shop and saw that One dozen roses cost $42 dollars. That's a little pricey for something that's going to die next week.)
I wasn't going to skip celebrating Valentine's day on Valentine's day, because it was Sunday. I made Greg a nice dinner,which makes up for the bad gift. I made Chicken Cordon Bleu complete with green beans, butter and herb mashed potatoes (from a pouch), Rhodes Rolls and fancy little Valentine's cups. For dessert I made some strawberry tarts. I had to fudge the recipe and use graham crackers for the crust and frozen strawberries since I don't keep Oreos or fresh strawberries on hand. But it was still tastey and definitely worthy of trying again...with the Oreos.
Basically, it was a very nice Valentine's Day.
That is so sweet. I 'm glad you guys had a great Valentines Day. I love those heart glasses too. So cool!
ReplyDelete