Only 50 more days to go!
We are definately starting to feel like this baby is getting closer. Monday night we had our last child birth education class at the hospital. So, there was supposed to be one more class next week but since we were the only couple that showed up this week (no thanks to the bad weather) the nurse that was teaching the class covered everything she needed to with us and took us on a tour of the maternity ward so we wouldn't have to come back next week. I do have to say the one-on-one was was really nice and we got a lot out of class on Monday. Visiting the maternity ward was an interesting experience. First of all, it was eerily empty (so was the rest of the hospital.) I think there were only two labor and delivery rooms being used. The nurse showed us around. Showed us where the waiting room was, where the nursery was, where the triage was and showed us one of the labor and delivery rooms. The rooms were SUPER nice. You get to stay in the same room for labor, delivery, and recovery (unless you have a c-section or too many ladies are having babies) and the baby gets to stay with you, not in the nursery. The rooms were very cozy there's a shower and a bathtup in the bathroom. The room was complete with a rocking chair, another cushy chair, a mini fridge, microwave, tv with a dvd player, a cush bench seat that doubled as a bed for dad, and a little corner desk for a laptop. Seeing the room definiatley made me feel a little more comfortable about having this baby. Visiting the maternity ward didn't quite have the same effect for Greg. The fact that there was a screaming baby in the back ground the whole time seemed to make Greg a little more nervous about this having a babything. We've also both been having a lot of baby dreams since starting this class. We got back home late that night, but thankgoodness we don't have to drive out to the hospital next week for another class. The hospital is about 30 minutes away or so and makes for a long way. Not to mention my Ob/Gyn is right next to the hospital and the trips that way are getting more and more frequent. We were feeling a little more prepared after that class, so yesterday I went through all the papers the nurse gave us and took out the birth plan sheet and started to write out one of my own. All feelings of preparedness gone! It just opened up a lot of question that I need to ask my doctor on my next visit...
With baby getting closer we are also getting more excited. Last night baby was moving around quite a bit when we climbed into bed so "played games" with baby. We would press on m y belly for a couple seconds and then baby would kick back in the same spot. It sure made me smile. This morning I was laying on my left side with a hot pad thrown over my right hip (oh the joys of hip pain) baby must of thought it was too warm because he moved over to my left side away from the heat. Let me tell you this sure is making it all seem a little more real. There's a baby in there with a mind of his own. I can't wait to meet him! And the million dollar question "Have we picked a name yet?" We've pretty much decided on Timothy James (like 95% sure), but we still reserve the right to change our minds so I'm not going to say that we've officially chosen a name. You here that. IT'S NOT OFFICIAL.
Now, I'm not one to put up a blog post without pictures so I figure I've talked enough about this Noah's ark blanket I'm making that I might as well post on my progress with a picture. I'm making really good progress. Obviously, the actual blanket is done. I just need to make a couple of elephants and hippos, noah and his wife, a rainbow, a couple of hearts, the words two by two, sew some more buttons to the stars and eyes on the animals, and then sew everything to the blanket. Okay, so it's sounds like a lot now that I put it in a list, but it really shouldn't take me that long to do any single one thing except for maybe sewing everything to the blanket. Sewing by hand really isn't one of my stronger skills. It'll be cute when it's done.
Oh my goodness- that blanket is SOOOOOO adorable! You are so talented!
ReplyDelete