Aug 8, 2011

Anniversary Weekend

Yesterday, Greg and I celebrated our 3 anniversary.  Let me tell you we partied all weekend. 

Friday night our friends Jeff and Kelli were kind enough to watch Timothy for us so we could go out to celebrate.  We started our night off at the Olive Garden and then headed  to the movies to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2.  We were way too full for dessert at the Olive Garden but after the movie we we were ready for dessert we stopped at Dairy Queen.

Saturday morning, I baked a brownie bottom raspberry swirled cheesecake for us to enjoy on Sunday for our anniversary dessert.  I also made some blueberry freezer jam because I had bought 2 lb of blueberries at Costco, because I know Greg likes blueberries, but I bought them without thinking about the fact that I have no idea what to do with blueberries.


We headed to Reno that Night for an Aces baseball game.  That really had nothing to do with our anniversary. It was GE family night so GE got a bunch of tickets for their employees and their families. It was a long game with a high score of 13 to 10. It didn't get over until after 11pm so Timothy stayed up extra, extra late.  As hard as he tried to fall asleep near the end of game the drunk people in the crowd just got louder and louder and he couldn't sleep through their cheering. But we had fun and it was free, well the tickets were anyways, which made up for the fact that concessions were ridiculously expensive. Seriously, $6.50 for a plain old cheeseburger. Ridiculous

Sunday morning I woke up and put a roast in the crockpot for dinner. It was a Balsamic and Onion Roast. I found the recipe pinned on Pinterest and thought it sounded fancy enough to try for a special occasion, but was still simple and didn't require a lot of work. I added some potatoes and garlic to it, to add a little bit more flavor to the sauce. It cooked all day while we were at church and then we came home and enjoyed our dinner and our cheesecake too. Then, we just spent the rest of the day relaxing. 

1 comment: