Nov 18, 2010

39 weeks

Here we are with 7 days left. I'm hoping, I'm praying it's less. I had a doctors appointment on Tuesday and I was 1cm and 50% effaced, so I'm really hoping it's less than a week. But, I know that some women walk around dilated for a long time before labor actually starts. I hope I'm not one of them. Greg keeps jokingly saying that the baby will come on Friday (tomorrow) at 3:00 pm with a margin  of error of 2 (we're not sure what units the 2 actually is. It could be minutes, hours, days.) Baby is running out of time to meet that deadline. If baby felt like coming today or tomorrow it really would be ideal because it would give Greg the longest stretch of time off of work. He has a week to take off and with the 2 days off he gets for the holiday, if the baby came in the next 2 days he would get 2 weekends attached to that vacation time instead of just 1. I'm just hoping he comes by Monday. Why? It just seems like a good day and it would give me a couple of days to recover before Thanksgiving. I do have a Turkey to cook (well, for Greg to cook after all.) Come on baby, let's get this show on the road! 

2 comments:

  1. Come on great nephew, we want to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, I think I can help with that turkey too. Isn't that one of the reasons I'm going to be there? Unless Greg wants to do all the cooking.

    ReplyDelete