Nov 10, 2010

Crafty

Saturday morning I had the Relief Society Super Saturday at church and it was fun. We made our crafts and had a pot luck lunch.
I painted a candy Jar
I also made a cookie mix, brownie mix, and barley soup mix.
Now, the candy jar they had on display and had provided ribbon for was painted with snowflakes for Christmas. It was cute but I already have Christmas candy jars so I wanted to make one I could use year round and everybody kept telling me that I could do the snowflake one and give it to someone as a gift. Is it really so bad that I wanted to make one for myself?  Funny side story, the relief society president came over to my house last night to visit and she was impressed that I already have candy in my jar, but I had to admit it was just the left over Halloween candy (we only had like 5 trick or treaters.)


I've also been busy crocheting. I made some cute little amigurimi animals with the left over yarn from the Noah's ark blanket (Ignore the fact that the I haven't put eyes on the snake or the elephant yet). When I was making the elephant I just had his trunk and  the two legs sewn on and I  made a comment to Greg that it reminded me of Q-bert.  Greg has never heard of Q-bert.  Anyway, I'm now officially done with all of my crocheting. Now, I can work on my Provo scrapbook more diligently at least until I find a new crochet project. I'm thinking I need to make a Christmas Afghan....

No comments:

Post a Comment