May 24, 2010

Are we there yet?

Moving seems to be getting closer, but still seems so far especially since we still don't have an official move date. Things are in order for Greg to start work on July 12, but until we hear from the relocation specialists and actually find when and where we are moving it doesn't feel like we are going any where. We are so ready to leave. Last night we started looking at some housing on the internet. We found the great website NewValley.com; it's a reality website that serves the area we are moving to.  So we sat down and looked at available rentals in the area. We didn't see any apartments worth looking into. We saw a couple of townhouses and rental houses that looked okay, but I think we are sold on the Duplexes. There was 4 of them that, personally I would be willing to move into with out seeing in person, only if it came down to it, but of course I need to see them in person so I can figure out which one I like better. They are all in Gardnerville, NV and are all pretty similar because they are in the same neighborhood.
These two were 3 bedrooms, 2 bath  1238 sqft and the same layout
This one was only 2 bedrooms, 2 bath but a spacious 1540 sqft. It does have little bonus laundry room (washer and dryer not included)
This one is similar to the last one. 2 bedrooms, 2 bath, 1760 sqft. Instead of bonus laundry room it has a bigger bonus game/ utility room that could be used as a third room.
The best part is that they all come with a dishwasher! and are in the affordable $875-950 a month range. There were also plenty picture of the inside posted to help me fall in love with these duplexes. Maybe we can take that housing hunting trip we are supposed to get as part of our relocation package and see some stuff in person. Until then we'll just have to stick with the internet.

I'm so excited to move. Can't you tell? And, Greg thinks I'm silly for actually posting this.

1 comment:

  1. We live in a duplex and LOVE it! It is so nice not to have to haul groceries up 3 flights of stairs, and to only have one neighbor who has their music up to loud. Hope you find something you love!

    ReplyDelete