May 14, 2010

I'm so domestic

So I have to thank my old roommates Karen Dee and Kristy for teaching me how to crochet when I was a freshman up at BYU- Idaho. It is something that I found I really enjoy doing. Since then I've done a lot of crocheting. It's something that has come in really handy, especially during general conference, it gives me something to do that helps me to stay awake so I get to hear all of they amazing speakers. Well, thanks to general conference and my amazing roomies, I've taken on a few big projects all from contest winning patterns out of a Leisure arts afghan book.
 Well, with a baby on the way I'm really excited to crochet again. Seriously, the first thing I did when I found out was go by yarn.  I just finished one baby blanket yesterday. . I didn't use the colors the pattern called for because I didn't want to use regular old worsted wight yarn. I found some softer meant for babies yarn and picked out some new colors on my own. It turned out really good. It's so cute, but I can't wait to see how much cuter it is with a baby wrapped up in it.
Now, I get to start a new blanket. I'm going to make a Noah's ark theme blanket, also from that afghan book, This one will be more for decoration to put in baby's room, when finally move into a bigger apartment and have a room for baby. Maybe when I'm done with this one I can find some one to teach me how to knit.

2 comments:

  1. So cute. Unfortunately it will not be me who teaches you to knit. Crocheting and knitting were just not something I learned myself. Someone asked me the other day if there was anything domestic I can't do, well that was the answer. I also told them I can't dance. I too, however, am looking forward to seeing a baby wrapped up in it.

    ReplyDelete